Thursday, September 2, 2010

Blog Number One.

I'm a freshman; I hate history classes. 
I was really dreading this class I have every Tuesday and Thursday from 11 am until 12:15. The class I'm refering to is named The History of the U.S.: The Modern Period, and the name alone makes me want to cry. After going to the class for the first time though, I realized it might not be so terribly awful... I mean I like our professor and his way of teaching us with these random projects involving a blog and youtube. So, maybe the class won't suck, but we'll see. I plan on learning about history, or at least trying. I don't retain information very well... unless it's a Snapple fact! I will try my best to learn the material though, and remember the important stuff for exams and then once I ace my midterm and then the final, all Mr. Jones' preaching and teaching will be gone. 
I can say that I'm glad the world has professors and students alike like Mr. Jones. If it weren't for the history buffs, we'd probably be in another Great Depression because if it's not studied and analyzed history will repeat itself. And nobody likes war. 
The picture i posted is of some freedpeople. This week we had to read chapter 16 about the end of reconstruction and to be completely honest I didn't every word of it. I did read parts of every section though so I have a good idea of what's going on. It's hard for me to read about things that don't really interest me, but i am trying. As for today, I lost some hope in the "fun" of this class but i'm keeping an open outlook. 
-Sarah.

No comments:

Post a Comment